My current work is centered on democratizing software frameworks for heterogeneous high-performance computing workflows. The current computing landscape is experiencing a Cambrian explosion of complexity - simplifying interoperability standards are needed to lower barriers to access across national scientific resources, universities, and corporations, unleashing the broadest potential.
"The workflow is the app."
Publications, Grants, & Initiatives:
- "Industrial Experience Deploying Heterogeneous Platforms for Use in Multi-Modal Power Systems Design Workflows", Smoky Mountains Conference, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Aug. 2022, https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/9 (pre-print https://tinyurl.com/agallo-smc22 )
- "Coercive Software Process Improvement", US DOE ASCR Workshop on the Science of Scientific-Software Development and Use, Dec. 2021, https://www.osti.gov/biblio/1843575
- "Autonomous Surrogate Model Creation Platform", https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200042659A1 , 2018, pending
- "Systems and methods for creating surrogate models", https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210365286A1 , 2020, pending
- "MxN CI/CD", Oak Ridge National Laboratory Summit supercomputer, https://www.olcf.ornl.gov/industry-project/genesis-ci-cd/
- GE Research bio page https://www.ge.com/research/people/andy-gallo and DT4D project page https://www.ge.com/research/technology-domains/digital-technologies/digital-thread-design
- Workflow Community Initiative https://workflows.community/
- GitHub https://github.com/agallojr